Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Google This!

Today is Google's 6th birthday. (Happy birthday to you, Google), which is a great segue into a Google rant. Normally I am all for Google. Love the Google. It's my homepage. But I have to say something about Google Mail. Carmi was kind enough to hook me up with a Gmail account. I was so pumped.

When I use Gmail at home I seem to have a problem with the Send button. It doesn't like to send my mail the first, oh, 20 times I try. I can live with that because it works at the office. And, I was pretty pumped that within the first week of having Gmail, I got 6 invitations to send out. I sent two out, and while we were driving up to the cottage this weekend (which is a whole other disastrous post), I called some friends and made arrangements to send invites when I got back.

Well, I logged into Gmail this morning to send out the invites, and would you believe that Google reneged on them? I no longer have 4 invitations available to give out. What's up with that? The honeymoon with Gmail is over.

PS - if anyone knows why my SEND doesn't work (i.e., maybe it's an IE setting or something) I will be eternally grateful.


4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Oz - you're right. I can still get to my invitations. I'm sorry, Google!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I found gmail to be a good place to have my comments auto forwarded to. I was using a mail.com box for it but their haevy reliance on advertisment just makes it a pain.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Thanks for the thanks, T! Gmail seems to be really picky about browser releases. If you haven't applied all the latest Microsoft patches to IE, it tends to have lots of bad days.

I've also had pretty good luck using it with Mozilla Firefox. The sucky thing is Blogger doesn't like when I use Firefox to post. One day, this Tower of Babel will end. Until then, there's Visa.

(And they say advertising doesn't work!)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. I've found that using MSN Explorer instead of IE seems to solve the problem at home - don't ask me why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home