Sunday, September 19, 2004

Do you really want to go there?

Arthur's mother left a wonderful message on our answering machine on Friday. She wanted to know if we were still alive and living at the same address. Obviously, we haven't returned her call.

If you happen to be reading my blog, Nora, yes, in fact we are still alive, and currently residing at the same location. And, for future reference - don't try the guilt thing on me. I was raised Catholic and I can out-guilt you without raising my heart-rate. Also, my mother has sole discretionary rights on the guilt card. You picked abrasive hyper-activity. Mom picked guilt. You can't go changing the rules. Now, go scrub something, you're pissing me off.




4 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Remind your MIL of the Catholic-Jewish Guilt Arc. She's working with forces I believe she does not fully appreciate. As Billy Crystal's one-eyed character, Mike, exclaimed in "Mike's New Car", the short that shipped with the "Monsters Inc." DVD, "I have released the power."

May the power of the CJGA spare her the full-force-figurative smack in the face she so clearly deserves.

This is when monitoring-via-Caller-ID becomes not only a nice thing to do, but a necessity.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

I've got to gets me some 'o' that caller id.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

My mother converted to Catholicism as an adult so she tries to use the guilt thing on her three sons but she really doesn't have the life time of training necessary and her futile attempts usually end up producing anger in her younest and myself and the oldest just ignores it for the most part. Not that the church left us unscarred just mom doesn't know how to use the powers properly.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Protestant guilt, when tended correctly, yields a mighty crop. My mother, who insists she "would never", really, really does. But of course not on purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home