Monday, April 11, 2005

Women learn so early

My saintly Tai Bo instructor battles with her 3rd bout of uterine cancer (after she goes to camp with her severely disabled son and has surgery on her eye - a complication of her diabetes) - yeah, I'm not kidding. She remains the most inspiring and motivational person I know. Yikes! I want to be a better person just for knowing her.

Until she recovers (which she assures us she will) I have taken up power walking with my friend and neighbor. We only go 5km right now, but I'm hoping to up it in another week. We go every night at 8pm. Last night, while I prepared to go, I realized the true extent of the guilt power my 5 year old daughter possesses. She looked at me all sad eyed, and said in her little angle voice, as she reached her hand out to mine "Mommy. Why do you like Vanessa more than me?"

Yowzer! Kids perceive things so differently than adults, don't they?

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Chris said...

They learn how to push our buttons so early, don't they? And turn on the guilt if we ask for more than 15 seconds to ourselves.

But it's so worth it.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

So glad we all seem to experience similar pangs of guilt around the same time: it's less lonely that way!

Still, I can't imagine it being any other way. They're so gosh-darn cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home