Friday, November 26, 2004

Sure Fire Good Movies

I have noticed that, for the most part, I can bet on some good video rentals just from taking the opposite advice from my eldest sister. If she absolutely hates a movie, there’s a good chance that I’ll like it. I like movies that are well-acted, original, with interesting characters and it doesn’t matter to me if it has a happy ending – it just has to be a good ending. I'm not saying that she has no taste in movies, I'm just saying it's not the same as mine.


Here are some nuggets that I’ve been able to uncover based on her opposite advice:

  • Moulon Rouge
  • 28 Days Later
  • Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • Kill Bill
  • Lady Killers
  • Adaptation
  • Being John Malkovich

Sadly the opposite is not true – she often likes movies that I also like. So, if she says a movie is good, I can’t assume that it’s not. Unless it includes Steven Segal or The Rock in the cast. Then, I just have to say no.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

But Steven Segal had that great line, "I'll kill you in your kitchen."

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Don't forget Sly Stallone.

ADRIAN....

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger WDV said...

i think all the movies are great except for adaptation. i thought that movie was horribly overrated and the fact that chris cooper won the best supported actor for that role was a shame. i love cris cooper but he was just not that good in that movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home