Friday, November 19, 2004

School Yard Love

Unfortunately, Frankie and P.’s relationship couldn’t pass the test of time. He reported to me last night that they were “on and off” throughout both recesses on Wednesday, but they were unable reconcile their differences. She finally called it off for good before the school bell rang that afternoon.

Sniff. I guess I can shelve my plans to help her pick out china patterns.

On a brighter note, Frankie was able to work through his five stages of grief fairly quickly, and by Thursday afternoon, he and A. were a new “item”. He wants to invite her and her friend over on Saturday. He noted, “Two girls, Mom. Two. Girls. That’s better than one.”

My suspicions are confirmed. He’s like his father. When I say that in his single days, Arthur was experienced, I mean that he was experienced by a large population of females.

I now see that we should be counting down the time to the condom talk in months rather than years.

5 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Did yas tell em, "Two girls only seems better. Think of it as two bosses." Unless its like maybe a one night thing for em. then I give my whole hearted support to this plan.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Amelia said...

Isn't it good when they can work through the 5 stages of grief in a day!

At least he's talking to you about it, I suspect my eldest has stopped talking, because oddly enough there is not much 'girl' talk form him.... however, the regular phone calls from three different girls suggest he too is 'just like his father'!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

Rich - you know his father said the same thing!
Rambling Rose - I think he likes them, but he doesn't know why. He informs me it is because they like to play spy and make things with Lego. Still, I shall warn him about cougars!
Amelia - I hear what you're saying! I'm trying to be 'cool' about the girl talks so that he'll keep talking to me when he's a teen, but I think at that point, it's hotwired into them to not say anything to their mother!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger WDV said...

your kid, at the age of nine, is a bigger player than i have ever been in my life. wonderful.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Lol. Me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home