Monday, November 22, 2004

Cat Mastermind

Arthur and I have a policy about toys on the main floor. If we find them, they’re ours. Arthur takes the policy more seriously than I do. If he finds the toys, he hides them in spots the kids would be hard-pressed to uncover. If I come across toys, I usually just throw them in the laundry basket of clean clothes that will be making its way up to their rooms anyway.

On the weekend, I found my 4-year old daughter’s beloved stuffed animal (an orange tabby named Maddie) under the kitchen table, along with an empty Halloween bag. I stuck Maddie in the Halloween bag and put her on the dryer. Yesterday I gave the bag, (with Maddie’s head sticking out) to my daughter and told her to put her things away.

She looked in the bag, and exclaimed. “Awww. That’s so adorable. She’s so sweet.” Then she looked at me, like a doting mother when her child has done something amazingly cute, and said “This was Maddie’s idea, wasn’t it?”

4 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

It's a good thing poor Maddie didn't suffocate in the bag. Plastic and stuffies can be a deadly combination. :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger S said...

And did you look back at her, like a doting mother when her child has done something amazingly cute, and exclaim something in return?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

It really was the stuffed cat's idea wasn't it? What else does it tell you to do?

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Carmi - luckily it was a canvas bag. I would never subject Maddie to plastic!

Sara - Yes - as a doting mother, I posted my child's cute actions on my blog, so everyone else can appreciate her inate cuteness.

Rich - Actually, it was Maddie's idea to start the blog...

Rene - thanks. It's moments like these that keep us from leaving them at their grandparents and skipping town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home