Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Kitten Situation

The kittens are getting a little braver. We were able to chase them up to Frankie's room. One of them made a kamikaze dive off the stairs and I caught him/her in mid-air. The other one wedged itself between Frankie's bed and the futon we store under it.

But I held on to the other kitty and we pet it for about 15 minutes. Then I let it go. It didn't try to leave, and at first I thought it was because he/she was enjoying the rub, but it turns out it was sheer terror. :(

They spent the better part of the evening wedged under Frankie's bed. Then, they scampered downstairs and used their meow radar to locate each other in the dark main floor. It was pretty cute.

I know many of you want to know about the name situation. As it stands, I think I'll be going with Graffiti and Scribbles. Don't know which one is which yet, but as soon as I can put color-coded collars on them, that situation will be resolved. Benjy has announced that she will continue to call them Pumpkin and Sweetie, and Frankie has continued to throw out suggestions for alternate names despite my resolve on the aforementioned monikers. Arthur is pulling for Harry and Lloyd (thanks Jennie!) but the rest of us used our Security Council vetoes on that one.

I'll post some pictures of them as soon as I can get them out from behind the furniture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home