Thursday, August 05, 2004

The Top 5 Pretend Boyfriends

Whilst playing darts in our garage, Ford asked us "Who's your top 5?" (that's top 5 stars you're allowed to sleep with (with your spouse's permission) if you should ever come upon them (no pun intended).

I chose, in VERY specific order:
  1. Matthew McConaughy
  2. Owen Wilson
  3. Colin Firth
  4. Hugh Grant
  5. Jude Law

Arthur went "all time" which means that I don't have to worry about half of them, as they're very much deceased:

  1. Marlene Dietrich (DEAD)
  2. Rita Hayworth (ALSO DEAD)
  3. Angelina Jolie (Smugly Alive)
  4. Sophie Morrow (Arthur is too good looking for a French chick to be attracted to him)
  5. Carrie Ann Moss (Yeah, well, she's pretty hot)

If I was going "all time", I would have included Cary Grant, but I wanted to keep my options a little more open. Not sure what I'd say if I met one of my "5" walking down the street, though.

"Hi, you don't know me, but you're on my "List" and my husband says it's ok if I sleep with you. Why are you backing away? Where are you going? Hey! Wait!"

9 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Excellent choices. I noticed that three of the five are from England. I think the accent adds about 10% hotness.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

I agree. The English accent adds a certain level of sophistication and intrigue. Also, I can't help but picture Colin Firth as Darcy walking out of the pond all dripping and yummy in Pride and Prejudice. Whew. Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Ahh the ever evolving Top 5 list. I don't really have one as of late, but let's see if I can kick it old school for a second. The year was probably 1998.

1. Ethan Embry
2. Randall Batinkoff
3. Danny Masterson
4. Jeremy Sisto
5. Matthew Perry

Of course time has changed me (and then) some, so I'd have to give a current list careful consideration.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

This listing business takes a lot of thought. After all, there are only 5 spots. I think mine would be:

1. John Mayer
2. Luke Wilson
3. Colin Firth
4. Joaquin Phoenix
5. Jake Gyllenhall

If you make a list, just don't laminate it like Ross Gellar or you might miss your chance to sleep with Isabella Rosellini.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Bean - that's what everyone says! I like Owen's boyish charm and I think his severely twisted nose gives him that extra kick of character. Also, the idea of his longish shaggy hair brushing my cheek is very appealing...

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Janet - good list. I've always loved Danny Masterson - I think it's because he reminds me a lot of Arthur (my sidekick).

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Trillian- Well then you must be a very, very lucky lady.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

Jennie - great list! Joaquin - good choice. Lol about the lamination. Soooo true.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Janet - while Arthur is certainly a catch, it's more his attitude than his looks that are similar to Danny's. He used to have hair like that, but alas, most of it has since departed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home