Friday, January 13, 2006

Love Lost

Compared to other Canadians, I'm not the biggest hockey fan going. But, I've loved Mark Messier for quite a while, in much the same way as I love Owen.

In fact, I had briefly considered marrying Mark, but decided not to for a few reasons:
  1. He's never met me.
  2. He's never proposed.
  3. I worried that his insurance premiums would be outrageous because hockey is something of a violent and risky sport, and also because his LDL cholesterol readings must be through the roof, what with all the Lay's potato chips he consumes.
  4. I was already married to Arthur.

I know. I know. I should have looked past these things. It broke my heart to make the decision.

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Sometimes you just have to draw the line on this relationship stuff. I can see overlooking 1, 2, and 4, but that high cholesterol IS a concern. Even a dealbreaker, I'd say.

On the other hand, you could have wound up a young, wealthy widow ...

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

He also eats way too many potato chips.

Then again, I suppose that's OK when you play hockey for a living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home