Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Moral Unlike Asop's

This is a story with a moral. And, unlike Asop, I will do you a favor and tell you the moral of this story right up front:

Before you give clothes away to charity, check the pockets.

It's a simple enough warning.

One wouldn't want to accidentally leave a valuable item in the pocket. A priceless broach, a favorite watch, a cell phone, cash. It would be a shame to lose any of these things.

But on the other end of the spectrum, one wouldn't want to leave something that might upset or disgust the individual on the receiving end. Who would want to find a dirty old tissue or a used candy bar wrapper in the pocket?

What if you gave away the ugliest shirt in your husband's closet, and by extension, unwittingly donated to charity his favorite novelty sex toy located in the breast pocket?

When you found out what you did, would you be embarrassed or find it really funny?

I'd have to say the latter. Not that I'd know anything about it...

6 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You never know, you might have made someone very happy with the bonus gift.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger The Misanthrope said...

I want to know what the toy was and if he enjoys it where can I get one?

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

SxKitten: You may be right!

Misanthrope: I would tell you, but my Mom reads this blog! And, until today, she liked Arthur.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Will said toy be difficult to replace?

I dunno: this would (hypothetically) make me (hypothetically) like him even more than I already do.

Thanks the the great funny. You funny lady!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Dean said...

I'm trying to figure out what the heck would fit in a shirt pocket... hmmm...

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

So is my mom. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home