Thursday, August 04, 2005

Why I live to be a parent

When I opened the door, I nearly passed out from the odor. It was as if I'd walked into the Ape House at the Detroit Zoo. One of the children had left the window open, allowing 90 degree heat to waft in to the otherwise air conditioned bathroom. The guilty party had left the door closed, allowing the heat to intensify the stink. And, much to my delight, one of my children had left a huge present in the toilet to marinate for ten hours in the intense heat.

Parenthood is clearly a gift from the gods.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

So you are living in AN Ape House, just not THE Ape House.

So am I.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Nobody in our house, though, has left a massive length of butt-cable to percolate in the heat all day.

Yet.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Diane said...

At least he or she was considerate (?) enough to open the window. The intent was good, at least.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Did you ever notice how your own kids', um, stuff, is infinitely less objectionable than other people's kids' stuff? Changing my own munchkins' diapers, for some reason, was OK. Other kids: ewwwww.

Good thing it was your own little one who left you that gift. If someone else's kid had done the same in my house, the For Sale sign would be up the next day.

You're not alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home