Friday, July 29, 2005

Why do/does...

  1. Tim Hortons workers look at me like I have two heads when I say that, in fact, it isn't ok if they substitute a white bun for the whole wheat I ordered?
  2. I feel it necessary to say "Bless You" when people sneeze, when, really, I have no authority to bless anyone?
  3. my husband think that "macaroni salad" is the same thing as "cold orzo and snow pea salad."
  4. I feel it necessary to make lists all the time?
  5. some people give so much unsolicited advice? If you're on the receiving end, can you offer back unsolicited advice, such as, "don't give unsolicited advice. People don't like it."?

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Dean said...

I could give you a list of unsolicited advice (as an Old Man, I'm officially allowed to do that). However, I think I'll settle for answering your questions.

1. Because, unbeknownst to you, a second cranium does start to bulge out of your neck when you say that. It isn't technically a head, but one day, it will be. Then you'll be sorry, missy. Either that, or he thinks you have gas.

2. I believe that this has something to do with karma. You were a priest or a witchdoctor in a past life, and wandered around blessing people, and the habit has carried on through death and rebirth. Or it might merely be gas.

3. Hey, it's cold gooey stuff with green stuff in it. That makes it a 'salad'. Functional equivalence and all that. Or possibly because that pasta crap gives him gas.

4. Gas, no question.

5. Because, deep down, they think they know better than you. Here's some free unsolicited advice, though: they usually don't. And they may be suffering from gas.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Heh heh heh. You're right. It's likely gas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home