Friday, April 29, 2005

Finally!

Well, as you are aware (and those of you who aren't: shame on you), Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (the movie) opens today. I have mixed feelings on it. I was really excited when they were filming the movie, but my optimism has been taking a downward spiral the last couple of weeks as reviews have come in. I'm taking M.J. Simpson's review with a grain of salt at this point. I read the biography he did of DNA, and quite honestly, the man has no sense of humor.

I also have to keep in mind that the books were different from the radio plays, which were different from the t.v. shows, which were different from the records, which were different from the radio play scripts. Each incarnation of HHGTG has been different, and so we cannot expect the movie to rigidly adhere to the books. Also - DNA wrote most of the script, so this is his vision. Also - it's just a f@#king movie.

Arthur and I will be going out tonight to see it. If it's appropriate, we'll take Frankie, as he loved the books (and he thinks Mos Def is the 'bomb' ever since he saw the Italian Job).

Here's me crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I eagerly await your report.

Not that it will determine whether or not we attend - our eldest is clamoring to go, so go we shall - but I can't wait to hear your assessment.

I hope this isn't the last Adams book to hit the theatre. I'll go mad if our cinematic future is composed solely of George Lucas castoffs.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

So how was it?

Not that we'll get to see it before it's out on DVD, but still ... inquiring minds want to know what real people whose opinions we respect think about it.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Wheelson, Carmi, SxKitten et. al.: See review above (which I believe you have). Wheelson - thanks for visiting Canada and having a Tim's. It truly is an every day good coffee (sometimes twice a day!).

HollyBids: Talk about a small world! My friend Joram found the link and sent it (and I quote) "to like a bazillion people" so your friend is famous without knowing it. I love Make a Flake! I checked out your blog and it's really cool - much more sophisticated than my tired little template!

Cheers!
Trillian

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gardening software
site/blog. It pretty much covers gardening softwarerelated stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home