Wednesday, November 03, 2004

WTF????

In the house next door is the ultra right-wing Bible-thumping doofus who's made it through life by riding his father's coat tails and making shady deals with shady types. He doesn't take care of his lawn, and he doesn't care how what he does on his property affects the rest of the block. Of the entire block, only a couple of houses actually like him (and they're assholes too).

We thought he was moving out and that a new guy was moving in. He wasn't the perfect neighbour by any stretch - way more protectionist, but at least we could trust and respect him. He'd take care of his lawn and make sure the people he lives with get the things they need - like an education and healthcare when they need it.

Looks like the deal isn't going to go through and we're going to be stuck with this asshole of a neighbour for 4 more years. It could be worse though - at least I don't have to live there with him. God help the people that do.

7 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger WDV said...

yeah, i voted to keep him there.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Congratulations, then. As an American, I'm glad I live here. As a Canadian, apparently I don't "get" 51% of Americans.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I can't be certain, but I think "withknivesout" *might* be an angry guy...

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks for making me laugh today!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I so totally feel for you, T. If you want me to ride over on my pink bike and make life miserable for him (hey, won't he love being razzed by a Heb!) I'd be happy to do my part to help a friend.

We used to have neighbors two doors down who lived the trailer trash lifestyle. Smoking parties in the garage, barely-hidden trysts in the middle of the day, mysterious trashings of the shrubbery and out-of-control kids racing up and down the street. Thankfully they disappeared eventually, but not before the entire street nearly went broke on valium as a coping mechanism.

Must be a defective-neighbor gene going around. I wish we could do more to counter their subversive influence.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I did my part, but, sadly, I'm not a part of the majority. I do appreciate the sympathy.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I'm still in shock. The south has risen again and expanded their influence north and west. The Secular State is in peril.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home