Thursday, October 28, 2004

Dreaming

This morning, like every other morning, I was completely successful in incorporating the sound of the alarm clock into my current dream. I find it amazing that my mind is able to instantly and seamlessly integrate the sound of the alarm with whatever I happen to be dreaming. And it seems like the dream goes on for a while, although in reality, I’m up within a couple of seconds of hearing the alarm. It’s amazing how our mind can trick us in dreams. Or is it just me?

6 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I often have the same thing happen to me. It's almost as if my sleep segues perfectly into the day.

Must be all the hot chocolate I've been drinking lately.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger WDV said...

I used to be that way in college, but since I started teaching middle school, I end up waking up with the alarm or before it. Pavlov's dog and all that.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Diane said...

No, it's not just you, it happens to me frequently as well. I used to have a telephone that doubled as an alarm clock and the alarm tune was "Happy Birthday" (strange, I know, I didn't understand it either). I ended up dreaming many strange dreams where "Happy Birthday to you..." popped up unexpectedly in random and unexpected situations.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Amelia said...

Hehe..I also do that, infact I can accomodate most noises to suit my dreams!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I used to have a radio / cd alarm clock and would occasionally do the same thing which was odd as I usually had loud hardcore dance music in the cd player in hopes that it would wake me up.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger The Haiku Review said...

It happens to me all the time. It's particularly creepy during my "spy action hero" type dreams that I get going sometimes (hey, I'm a guy - what am I gonna do?). Good work, keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home