Wednesday, November 10, 2004

This is not happening to me

"No, Mom. We're not dating, we're just boyfriend and girlfriend." Frankie insisted.

"Which means you're dating." I replied.

"We don't go anywhere and we don't talk to each other. We're just boyfriend and girlfriend." he explains.

"Oh." I reply.

Then he hits me with it. "What colour do you think our kids will be?"

At 33, I am not old enough to be having this conversation with my son.

"Is this something you need to worry about right now?" I ask with trepidation, "If I recall correctly, you are only nine."

"MOM!" he complains, turning pink in the face, "I'm just asking a question. Because P. is black and I'm white."

"Hypothetically, you're children would be a colour in between you and your, ahem, girlfriend." I replied.

Excuse me. I have to go stick my head in the oven now.

7 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Amelia said...

My 9yo son hasn't done that to me YET. But then again, maybe he asked his older brother or sister!

I went through the head in oven thing with my now 16yo about 3 years ago ;)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Not to smile at your expense, but that is about the most adorable thing I have heard in a long time. Thanks

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Wow. Now thats what I call starting early. If he starts now he may live to se great great great grandchildren.or maybe even another great I didnt really do the math on 9 year generations.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I swear kids start younger and younger these days. I just heard about a 2nd grader in my school this week who wont stop kissing another kid. Kids. What's a matter with kids today?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger WDV said...

thank God I don't have kids yet. The wife and I have been talking about them though...

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Moogie said...

That is too cute. I don't blame you about the head in the oven though. :) My youngest (six) had a boyfriend that was 7. Yes, sad to say she was dating an older man. :) Let's be truthful here, they are just best buddies, but they are boyfriend and girlfriend, and often pretend they don't like each other so they won't get teased. I'm not entirely sure either one of them knows what it means to be boyfriend/girlfriend. :)

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait. The relationship seems to have tapered off since the whole Jellyfish thing.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Vive la difference, I say! He's got a whole lotta time to make a mess of his social life. My first "girlfriend" - ironically, in the 4th grade - later ended up making serious money on a phone sex business she ran from home.

From what I can tell, I didn't "make" her go down that road.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home