Monday, October 04, 2004

Random Monday Morning Thoughts

Wasted almost 30 minutes on very bad movie this weekend. Never, never rent Boxing Helena. Bad movie!

Bridget Jones: edge of reason is v.g., but not as good as Bridget Jone’s Diary. Still, very sad I finished last tape on way to work this morning.

Hmmm. Police Officer is directing traffic at Colborne & Dufferin this morning. Who the hell did he have to piss off to get that job? Or is that a she? Difficult to tell.

Mmmm. Tim Horton’s coffee is très délicieux this morning. Low fat muffin not v.g. (note to self: fat is needed in order to make good muffin).

Came into office and was shushed. Who the fuck does that? If you want me to be quiet, then ask. Don’t fucking say “shhhhh.” She’s not even a librarian! (I can make that joke because I am).

New opinion of new contract graphics person: Thought she was a flake, but I now see that she is just young and stupid. She doesn’t know that she doesn’t know anything yet. Will come with time.

Hmmmm. Should probably be working instead of writing on blog.

9 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Wheelson - there is no "librarian code of ethics" surrounding shushing, just a god-given right that if you've bothered to get your Masters (and are working in a library), you have the right to shush. I don't work in a library, though, and neither does the susher.

The shushing is actually better than the shusher's usual form of showing her annoyance, which is sighing loudly and putting her hands over her ears. I'm trying to find a nice passive-aggressive award for her...

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Sorry - a couple of points on my last comment:

1. Should read "bothered to get your Masters of Library Science", since a Masters in English does not entitle you to shush.

2. A susher is the same as a shusher, just spelled incorrectly.

That's all.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Diane said...

When I was very young (much like your contract graphics person) and on a date, I shushed a date in a movie (he simply would *not* stop talking during the movie). He broke up with me, I learned my lesson.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Librarians get to waer their hair up in a bun too. Then they jsut pull out the pin or whatever and do the head toss and change, not unlike superman, into some kind of pin up style supermodel. Well that's what I heard.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

Diva - alas it was probably not meant to be - who can be with someone who talks through a movie?

Richard - I've heard this too, but I must not be a very good librarian, as I usually require more than one pin and lots of hairspray. The net effect of removing a pin is pretty much zero. In fact, I've used so much spray in the past that I've pretty much been able to remove ALL of the pins and still have the updo remain!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

My illusions are shattered. I shall have to crawl intoa dark corner and cry. heh.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

Richard - I appreciate your disillusionment. My husband was equally upset when he found out women don't have pillow or tickle fights in their underwear.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Ok Imagine that I'm putting my fingers in my ears screaming, "I'm not listening to you! I'm not listening to you!"

I've seen adult programming. Of course there are tickle fights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home