Thursday, July 29, 2004

The Many Faces of Ted

As a woman, I can't help but admire Keanu Reeves, not because he's a good actor (which, obviously he isn't), but because he's so darn lovely. I do admit, however, that once I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, I cannot picture him as anyone other than Ted Theodore Logan. So, I've come to think of every movie he's in (or at least every one that I've seen) as a new adventure for Ted. Let me show you:

Ted Goes to Pre-Revolutionary France
Ted Knocks Up Diane Weist's Daughter
Ted Kills a Dude, Well, Kinda
Surfer Ted
Ted in Transylvania
Ted Tries Public Transportation
Ted Talks to Dolphins
Ted Messes with Atoms
Legally Ted
Ted vs. Agent Smith I
Ted vs. Agent Smith II
Ted vs. Agent Smith III
Ted Makes Quarterback
Rich Ted Finds Love
Ted Dates a Cougar

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Haha! That was fun. Like a game.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Janet said...

What a clever idea! I feel the same way about a ton of actors actually. Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant...mind you I don't dislike any of these people, I just know what I'm in store for before the movie even starts.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Good point, Janet. That's the problem with movies today. Big star vehicles are so predictable that they lack any redeeming entertainment value. Why bother coughing up 13 bucks (and then easily that much for popcorn and other overpriced confections) when you can practically mouth the dialog throughout the entire movie.

It's become as predictable as a sitcom, and a lot more expensive. Waiting for it to come out on video makes it only marginally less frustrating. The dollar figures are smaller, but you still feel unfulfilled.

True independent (indie) cinema - as opposed to the faux-indie that Hollywood has been trying to claim as its own in recent years - offers a somewhat more enlightening and rewarding perspective on modern cinema. If I'm going to invest time and money in something, I'm going to want something worthwhile in return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home