Monday, August 16, 2004

My Adonis

He arrived late to the party. I'd already been heavily into the punch by then. His skin looked very tan against his white T-shirt. He was fit and beautiful and he knew it. He owned the room.

I was drawn to him immediately. We all were. And when he talked, it was like there wasn't anyone else in the room. He was so sure of himself. He knew who he was, and he didn't care if you liked him (but he knew you would). I melted. I was his. We talked most of the night.

And then he said those magical words. "My girlfriend..." As soon as he said it, he knew he'd blown it. The magic was over. Too bad. The vodka made it easier to recover, thankfully.

Having recognized his blunder, he made a quick exit and I went home alone.

I didn't know it then, but we would meet again. And eventually, against my better judegement, I'd marry him.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Great beginning. I can't wait until you post the rest.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home