Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Jesus Remains Hidden

Well, we survived our trip to the cottage (OK - it was more like a "summer home" than a cottage - realistically, if the place is nicer than your primary residence, it should be upgraded from cottage to summer home. I'm pretty adamant on this topic).

We wimped out on the whole Jesus thing, though. Sigh.

I almost pushed their 8-year old kid off the boat, though, when he started correcting my definitions. Frankie wanted to know what a wake was, and I said it was the splashy stuff behind the boat, so as to keep it simple. Of course, the little annoyance had to say, "That's not what it is, Trillian, it's...(and here I stopped listening to him because his defination wasn't that of a wake).

I wanted to say: "See! Right there. That's why no one likes you!" but I sensed that this might upset his parents (In retrospect, I guess I should have, given my last post on this topic). Frankie Mouse doesn't like him either, he calls him a "know it all". My husband calls him an "ass" which I think is more to the point. Not really his fault though, I think it's a lack of good parenting. Nonetheless, we were fairly leisurely in commanding Frankie Mouse to stop pushing him off the dock. (Oh, stop gasping - he was fine! And really, any true boy would have pushed Frankie back).

Before we left for the (ahem) cottage, I demanded that Arthur stop at his office and pick up hisnotebook computer so that I could do some writing on the way up (it's a four hour drive). Good thing, too. I wrote for at least 10 minutes before I put the laptop away and didn't touch it again until I unpacked it from the car when we got home last night. Sigh.

Anyhoo - I promise to write more this week. And I envision it being very entertaining (well, at least for me)...

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

Hi Nick - I wish I was that cool. No - I have a plain old boring name, but I use Trillian here to keep a certain anonymity (thus, Arthur, Frankie Mouse, and Benjy Mouse as well). It's kind of pathetic, I suppose, given Carmi's endeavors to "out" me on his site.

It would be cool, though - but I don't think I've got the moxy to demand people start calling me Trillian at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home