Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Have you found Jesus?

My slightly annoying friend (you know, the one that loves the mobile) invited us up to their cottage (a modest $1M shack) so far in advance that we couldn't come up with an excuse not to go. As the date approaches, Arthur and I are becoming more apprehensive. He has pointed out that the 2 days we'll be spending there comprise 20% of my total annual vacation allotment.

We are determined to make them despise us so as not to seek our company for future outings. After much musing, we've decided to pretend that we've found God and attempt to convert them over the vacation. This is better than my original plan of just pickling myself in an alcoholic stupor.

I am determined. I will prevail.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I believe I spotted him in the fresh produce section at the Loblaws supermarket last Sunday. He was having difficulty figuring out the difference between regular cucumbers and English ones. I wandered over to him because I understood his pain. England, after all, hadn't been invented when he was around.

In the end, he went with the regular ones - the English variety is SUCH a ripoff - and I showed him how to get to the fish counter. He promised me he'd steer clear of the shellfish, but I assured him he no longer had to worry about the whole kosher thing because he was, after all, history's first convert.

Pretty cool guy, but I still disagree with the whole God complex he seems to have. If he was so all-powerful, would he be wrestling with vegetable choices at a suburban supermarket? I think not.

Carmi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home