Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Holy Shmoly!

I don't mean to judge, (ya, right! This statement is only ever made by those who do wish to judge but don't want others to judge them) but (see!) I had a little lunch with a marginally annoying friend who was so absolutely rude during the lunch that it took all of my strength not to smack her and send her to her room.

It's not that she had 2 beers during a lunch that was less than one hour when she has to drive back to the office. That's a whole different rant that's far more serious and important than my actual rant, which is trivial and more in line with my overall nature.

She took not one, but 5 phonecalls during our 45 minute lunch!!!!! I abhore mobile phones in general (it's an aversion stemming from my previous life as a PM when I had one surgically attached to my hip by my company), and believe that in particular they have no place in:
    restaurants
    golf courses
    movie theaters
    cars
    anywhere where they might annoy me
I don't like hearing a mobile go off in any of these places, let alone be with the person who's rude enough to be the cause of the interruption! Holy shmoly!

Arthur, as you may or may not know is a Financial Planner. When he goes golfing with his colleagues (which is often, don't kid yourself), if anyone takes or makes a call on the course, the other members of the party take the phone and throw it in the water hazard. I should have dunked the mobile in her soy latte, but I don't think it would have had the same impact.

Whew. That's better. I'm done now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home