Monday, September 19, 2005

Things that make me NOT A GOOD PERSON:

  • I don't tell my co-workers when I'm going out for coffee because I don't want to have to get them anything.
  • Sometimes I throw out my kids' drawings when the drawer gets too full. I don't put them in the recycle bin because they might find them and take them out.
  • I think I'm smarter than most of the people I encounter every day.
  • I give whole blood because giving plasma is an inconveniently long process.
  • Even though I'm a woman, I usually assume that the slow/bad driver ahead of me is a woman (unless they're driving a Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile - which are old man cars).
  • I feel bad for other people because their kids aren't as cute as mine.
  • I think a lethal virus that took out most of the Wal-Mart-shopping population of North America would be a good thing.

6 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Chris said...

We can be not good together - I'm totally with you on 1, 2, 3 (actually, I know I'm smarter!), 5, 6, and 7 (even though I sometimes shop at Wal-Mart myself).

And I don't donate blood at all because there's nowhere closer than 45 minutes from home, and I just don't have that much free time.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

We'll all go to hell together. At least we won't be lonely :)

I find it refreshing that you have the guts to just come out and say it. Cathartic, isn't it?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dean said...

On the whole bad-driver thing, I don't think there's a pattern any more.

Slow, fast-lane-blocking drivers: no gender pattern.

Aggressive assholes: still predominantly men, but not by nearly as large a margin as previously. Now if I'm cut off, there's probably only a 70% chance it's a man, as opposed to the 100% of maybe fifteen years ago.

Commuter-lane cheats: again, still predominantly men, but not by as large a margin as a few years ago.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Is it terrible of me that I think my dog is cuter than most peoples' kids? (okay, I know, but it's all I've got at this point, but hopefully that will change now that I have someone that can help me not to remain childless.)

On all the other points, I agree, especially Wal-Mart - I haven't been to one in several years now.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

sxKitten. Yes we can be not good together.

Carmi. It is cathartic. Thanks.

Dean. I agree that there are many bad male drivers. I usually find that the ones going slow or who don't look when changing lanes are women (especially if it's a minivan).

Eddie. Yes - I will admit that you have very cute children, so I don't have to feel sorry for you.

Diva. Your dog likely is cuter than most peoples' kids.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I not a good person for giggling at that? Especially the bit about Wal-Mart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home