Monday, September 19, 2005

Things that make me NOT A GOOD PERSON:

  • I don't tell my co-workers when I'm going out for coffee because I don't want to have to get them anything.
  • Sometimes I throw out my kids' drawings when the drawer gets too full. I don't put them in the recycle bin because they might find them and take them out.
  • I think I'm smarter than most of the people I encounter every day.
  • I give whole blood because giving plasma is an inconveniently long process.
  • Even though I'm a woman, I usually assume that the slow/bad driver ahead of me is a woman (unless they're driving a Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile - which are old man cars).
  • I feel bad for other people because their kids aren't as cute as mine.
  • I think a lethal virus that took out most of the Wal-Mart-shopping population of North America would be a good thing.

7 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger sxKitten said...

We can be not good together - I'm totally with you on 1, 2, 3 (actually, I know I'm smarter!), 5, 6, and 7 (even though I sometimes shop at Wal-Mart myself).

And I don't donate blood at all because there's nowhere closer than 45 minutes from home, and I just don't have that much free time.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carmi said...

We'll all go to hell together. At least we won't be lonely :)

I find it refreshing that you have the guts to just come out and say it. Cathartic, isn't it?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dean said...

On the whole bad-driver thing, I don't think there's a pattern any more.

Slow, fast-lane-blocking drivers: no gender pattern.

Aggressive assholes: still predominantly men, but not by nearly as large a margin as previously. Now if I'm cut off, there's probably only a 70% chance it's a man, as opposed to the 100% of maybe fifteen years ago.

Commuter-lane cheats: again, still predominantly men, but not by as large a margin as a few years ago.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

Your not bad just complicated...

The last point is not bad as it would be for the greater good of society.

BTW my kids are cute too!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Diva said...

Is it terrible of me that I think my dog is cuter than most peoples' kids? (okay, I know, but it's all I've got at this point, but hopefully that will change now that I have someone that can help me not to remain childless.)

On all the other points, I agree, especially Wal-Mart - I haven't been to one in several years now.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

sxKitten. Yes we can be not good together.

Carmi. It is cathartic. Thanks.

Dean. I agree that there are many bad male drivers. I usually find that the ones going slow or who don't look when changing lanes are women (especially if it's a minivan).

Eddie. Yes - I will admit that you have very cute children, so I don't have to feel sorry for you.

Diva. Your dog likely is cuter than most peoples' kids.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Fraulein N said...

Am I not a good person for giggling at that? Especially the bit about Wal-Mart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home