Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Opossum sighting causes life re-evaluation

Once in a while I receive information that shifts my perception of the world an eighth of a millimeter to the left. Information that makes me question my cognitive abilities. Information that makes me wonder what else I was wrong about. Information that would fall in this category include finding out that my ex-colleague was undergoing gender reassignment, the day I found out that my boyfriend of three years had been cheating on me for the entire span of our relationship, and learning the real meaning of the word "ignorant" in grade eight.

Today I had another such revelation when I saw a dead opossum on the side of the road. I mean, who knew that there were opossums in Southwestern Ontario? Where the hell did they come from? Have they always been here? How could I have gone for 34 years without knowing of their existence here?

4 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Southwestern Ontario has dead animals?

I REALLY need to get out more often!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Maybe it was just on vacation from BC - we have lots of dead opossums here, and there's no reason why they wouldn't enjoy a trip to Ontario as much as the next dead animal.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Maybe they're as much like rats as they look, and live everywhere. I saw one dead on the road just two days ago.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Eat More Possum!"
That's what they say in Tennessee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home