Wednesday, May 25, 2005

More lists

I'm taking up Carmi's challenge. AND I tag Dean and Eddie.

The total volume of music files on my computer:
About 700 mg. I recently reformatted my hard drive (SP2-related issue) and moved my songs onto DVD. So, I've only got what is on my iTunes right now.

The last CD I bought was:
Yikes. I bought my 13 year-old nephew Led Zeppelin II and the Beastie Boy's To the 5 Boroughs for his birthday last summer. That's it. I, um, share files sometimes.

Song playing right now:
I've got my iPod Shuffle going right now, and I wanted it to be on Misty Mountain Hop when I wrote this, but it has since gone on to Tears for Fears' Head Over Heels. Misty Mountain Hop would have been cooler.

Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me, in no particular order:
Yellow (Cold Play). I just really like this song. Also - this is one of my daughter's favorite songs, and musically speaking, it's nice to share that kind of stuff. She also loves Macy Gray, Avril Lavigne, and the Chad Kroeger song in Spiderman.

Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin). This song rocks. I can't explain why I like Zeppelin and The Who, but can't listen to Pink Floyd even if you paid me. It's one of life's little mysteries.

Catch
(The Cure). It takes me back to my youth when I had a Robert Smith-eque hair-do (except blonde) and dated tall skinny guys who wore the same size jeans as I did (boy, how times change!). I could always put on lipstick better than him, though.

Bobcaygeon
(The Tragically Hip). Another beautiful song. Actually, anything by these guys is great.

Have You Ever Seen The Rain? (CCR). I'm a redneck by birth.

6 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Yeah. The dissing of Floyd upsets so many of my friends and family to no end. I wish I could like them, it's just that I don't think their music has aged as well as others from that era.

There is hope for classic rock: my 13-year old nephew adores Zep and all good classic rock. I don't know if it's just him and his crowd, or if there are others like him.

As an aside, it's illegal in Canada not to have a Hip song in your top 5.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Steve? Who the hell is Steve?

:)

yer pal,
Dean

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Trillian said...

OMG. I'm such an idiot. Sorry about that Dean! I fixed it.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

You're only a redneck if the following song gives you shivers down to the small of your back: Dropkicked by Jesus Through the Goalposts of Life

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dean said...

You're only a redneck if they played "Free Bird" while you walked down the aisle at your wedding.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

Thanks Amelia. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home