Friday, June 11, 2004

I'm working on it...

Do you ever have so much work that you don't know where to start and you end up doing nothing? Yeah? Me too. That's the day I'm having now. I was highly productive this morning, but this afternoon is going to the dogs. I'm thinking around 3 I'm going to see if the beer fridge has been stocked yet. Yes - that's right, our company supplies beer to it's employees on Fridays. Sweet! I'd tell you more, but you'd be jealous...

Anyway - at our company meeting on Tuesday, we were asked to write down on a slip of paper something we want to work on doing to "better" ourselves - it doesn't have to do with work. They were all posted in our games room. Some of them are good. The sales people all put lame things down like more dials, and one of the VPs said he is going to try to not read his email when people are talking to him (nice). I said that I'd try to be more patient - i.e not yell at other drivers, not thump my mouse when my PC freezes, let my son take his time when he's telling a story (even if it doesn't make sense) and let my 4 yr old daughter brush her own hair. It hasn't gone terribly well so far, but I did let a couple of drivers in when it was highly inconvenient for me to do so.

I'm working on it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home